Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Rose and The Apple Tree

A rose bush once grew near the apple tree. Being beautiful with flowers, the rose bush saw how much she envied and said, "Who can compare with me? Who is as worthy as I am? My flowers are beautiful to the sight and sweet to the nostrils. True, the apple tree is bigger than I, but what pleasure does he give to mankind?"

When the apple tree heard this, he said, "Even though you are worthier than I in the beauty of your blossoms and sweetness of your smell, you are less worthy in goodness of heart and friendliness."

"Tell me," asked the rose bush. "What is the evidence of your goodness?"



The apple tree answered: "You do not give your flowers to man unless you first wound him with your thorns. But I give my fruit to all, even to those who throw stones at me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...